With the release of ChatGPT, artificial intelligences are on everyone’s lips again. The possibilities are numerous, but they should also be used with care. In our blog post, we want to show you how you can use AIs to support your event organization with simple steps.
Speed up even more processes?
There is a lot of potential in ticketing to simplify processes. How can we solve this for you with the help of software? Let us show you.
What are Artificial Intelligences like ChatGPT and what can they do?
According to the Fraunhofer Institute, artificial intelligence describes the ability of machine learning by recognizing and sorting input information. In the case of ChatGPT, it is an AI-driven ChatBot developed by OpenAI that allows users to have text-based conversations with artificial intelligence. We asked ChatGPT directly for a definition and this was the answer:
“I am ChatGPT, a large-scale language model developed by OpenAI. I have been trained on a huge corpus of text data to understand natural language and generate responses to various questions and prompts. My job is to engage in conversation with people and provide information, insight, and assistance on a variety of topics. You can ask me anything, and I will do my best to give you a helpful and informative answer.”
In summary, ChatGPT can deliver text-based knowledge that you can specify with queries. For your event organization this means that you can ask for best practices on processes or formulations for your marketing communication. More about the exact application possibilities later.
In addition to AIs that can be used for texts and knowledge, there is also the possibility to create graphics and images with the help of machines. One example is DALL·E, also developed by Open AI. The AI creates a corresponding illustration, painting or photograph based on short descriptions of the image subject and style. Already taken a closer look at the cover image of our blog post? This one is also created by DALL·E. For the result, we entered the description “a fair with people in the evening sun, photography”. The tool could be helpful for your event organization, if you don’t have the budget for expensive photo shoots and still need images for your website or ticket store. We have collected some more examples for you:
Our description for DALL·E: “a ballet dancer with white dress makes a pirouette on stage, painting”
Our description for DALL·E: “3D model of blue baseball cap floating in white space”
Our description for DALL·E: “a cute robot carrying a ticket, digital art”
Can I use the footage, created by an AI, without hesitation?
For photos and graphics that you use from the web, you must always pay attention to the appropriate usage rights. There are photo portals such as Unsplash, which work together with various creatives who make their works available via the platform for free. Here, it is clearly broken down in which context you are allowed to use the images and for which purpose. In the case of AI-created content, the legal situation regarding copyright has not yet been finally clarified. For a final decision, consult your legal counsel and be regularly informed about the clarification of the legal situation.
AI for content-related tasks in your event organization
The fastest way to identify the possibilities for working with AIs like ChatGPT is to try them out. The next time you are planning your event and setting requirements and goals, ask ChatGPT about the steps you should take to make sure you don’t forget anything.
How can you help me plan an event that brings food truck owners together to talk about current industry trends and develop new fast food trends?
ChatGPT then defines various steps for the request:
1. Determine the Purpose and Goals of the Event: Define the purpose and goals of the event. In this case, the purpose is to bring food truck owners together to talk about current industry trends and develop new fast food trends. The goals could include networking opportunities, educational sessions, and brainstorming new menu items.
2. Identify the Target Audience: Determine who the event is for and who you want to invite. In this case, the target audience is food truck owners.
3. Choose a Venue: Find a venue that can accommodate the number of attendees you’re expecting. Consider factors such as parking, accessibility, and amenities like power outlets for the food trucks.
4. Set a Date and Time: Choose a date and time that works best for your target audience. Avoid scheduling the event on holidays or other conflicting events that might impact attendance.
5. Develop a Schedule: Develop a schedule of events for the day, including educational sessions, networking opportunities, and time for brainstorming.
6. Invite Speakers: Identify industry experts to speak on current trends and share their insights on the food truck industry.
7. Invite Food Trucks: Reach out to local food truck owners and invite them to participate in the event. Encourage them to bring samples of their food and to participate in the brainstorming sessions.
8. Market the Event: Promote the event through social media, email marketing, and targeted advertising to attract food truck owners and other stakeholders in the industry.
9. Manage the Event: On the day of the event, manage logistics such as parking, food truck placement, and event registration. Make sure that the event runs smoothly and that attendees have a great experience.
10. Follow-Up: After the event, follow up with attendees and speakers to thank them for their participation and gather feedback on how to improve future events.
More for your event planning
Read in our blogpost how a digital event ticketing solutions helps to manage your event easily.
AI for marketing related tasks in your event organization
In addition to knowledge requests, ChatGPT also provides you with various communication templates. This helps you to find first approaches in event marketing for emails, social media or ads.
What might an email invitation for this event look like?
The AI promptly provides you with a possible template for the email – even with possible placeholders, which are automatically filled in from your linked CRM system, for example:
Subject: Invitation to the Local Food Truck Owner Event
Dear [Food Truck Owner],
We would like to invite you to an upcoming event for local food truck owners in [city/region]. The event will provide an opportunity for food truck owners to network, discuss current industry trends and develop new fast food trends.
Details of the event are as follows:
Date: [insert date]
Time: [insert time]
Location: [insert location]
During the event, we will have guest speakers discussing topics such as marketing strategies, menu development, and food safety regulations. We will also have activities such as cooking demonstrations and tastings of new food trends.
We believe this event will be a great opportunity for you to connect with other food truck owners in the community, learn about industry trends and develop new ideas for your business.
Please let us know if you are interested in attending. We kindly ask you to RSVP by [insert date]. You can reply to this email or call us at [insert contact information] to confirm your attendance.
Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
How will you use AI’s for your event?
We have shown you some possible uses for your event organization with AI. But how will you use this technology to get even more out of your event? Trying out new technological possibilities offers room for optimization potential. Nevertheless, you should always critically question the content created by an AI and cross-check it, especially when it comes to factual knowledge.
We show you how automation works with our ticketing software in a free demo.